Frequently Asked Questions - Job seekers
What is O-JOBS?
Osun Job Center, (O-JOBS), is a cost-free employment-related services agency created by the State Government. It assists with the development of job seekers through training services to improve
their job search opportunities and also with those looking to start a business or already have a
business by developing their business skills and much more in order to advance the economic
welfare of the state. The Osun Job Center also serves as an intermediary between job seekers and
employers, with the goal of matching the company’s needs and requirements with a job seeker’s skills,
experiences and interests.
What are the benefits of registering with the Osun Job Center?
Registering with Osun Job Center enables you to:
- Create a Profile. This helps the system to automatically match your skill-set to job opportunities and employers to find job seekers . It does this based on the skills, experience and interests recorded in your Profile.
- Build and save a CV and cover letters which can be used when applying for jobs posted through Osun Job Center
- Keep in one place a record of your job search applications. This will make it easier to discuss your job search activity with our career advisers.
What are the Employment Support Services you provide?
- Employability Skills Training to enhance the employability of clients (i.e. Job search techniques,
effective interview techniques, CV review and basic ICT skills)
- Business and Entrepreneurial Training on how to conduct a Feasibility Study, how to write a
Business Plan and much more
- Career Counselling for job seekers to make informed employment and education choices
- Job fairs to connect individuals to employers
Does Osun Job Center help individuals develop a CV?
Osun Job Center provides assistance in the form of training workshops in employability skills which includes the creation of a CV, (with content management and structure) along with a Cover letter. However, we do not write or type the CV or Cover letter for you.
Can I upload a CV to my account?
No. The Osun Job Center’s software provides a CV builder for this service.
How do I edit my saved CV?
- Go to Login, select job seeker and log in with your registered e-mail address and password
- Click on the "Update Profile"
- Then edit the Profile
- When you finish editing click on Update Profile
How do I edit my saved cover letter?
- Go to sign in and log in with your registered e-mail address and password
- Click on the "Update Profile"
- Then edit the Profile
- When you finish editing click on Update Profile .
What is the cost to me for using your Services?
The Osun Job Center provides employment support services at no cost to you.
Am I required to have an account to apply for jobs through Osun Job Center?
For your CV to be recommended for any job posted with Osun Job Center, you will need an account. When a job is posted matching your skill-set, your saved CV and if required, your cover letter will be made available to the company posting the job. Based on their CV search, a company can invite you to an interview for a job through Osun Job Center.
Does my Osun Job Center account remain active for an indefinite period?
No. With frequent usage it will remain active. After 12 months of inactivity, your account will be deactivated.
How can I tell when my qualifications and skill-set match a company’s job requirements?
Osun Job Center will contact you each time your skill-set matches a company’s job requirements.
How long will it take to help me find a job?
The Osun Job Center is not a job placement agency. The Center is not under obligation to find job or secure employment for anybody. We provide the tools and information to help you succeed in your job search. Every individual is different. Some require more time than others to find the right job.
What should I do to my account if I am no longer looking for a job?
If you have finished job hunting you may want to turn off email alerts, however, your Osun Job Center account will automatically deactivate after 12 months of inactivity.
How is the Center connected to the Osun Youth Empowerment Scheme, OYES?
The Center is not identical and does not have any connection with the Osun Youth Empowerment Scheme, OYES, and does not give allowances to users of the Center’s facilities.
How many locations does the Center have?
There are Desk Offices located at the 30 Local Government Areas of the State and Ife East Central Office.
What should I do if I forget my Osun Job Center Username and/or password?
Click on Forgot your password/Login details on the Sign in box and follow the process.
How do I know an email from Osun Job Center is genuine?
Osun Job Center will never send you an email requesting for:
- Your account username or password
- You to transfer money to secure a job
- Personal details – Bank Account details or any other information that is not important to the job application process If you are in any doubt about an email claiming to be from Osun Job Center, please Contact us. Provide a detailed description of the email.
How do I contact Osun Job Center?
Please contact us by sending a mail to email@example.com or use the contact form on the contact us page. You may also contact us through Facebook: osunjobcenterojobs,
Twitter: osunjobcenter1 or call us on +2349037853095.
If you do not receive a response in 72 hours, please resend your enquiry.
What is it that we expect from you?
- Attend your appointment with us and give us adequate notice if you will be unable to attend.
- Keep us informed of any changes to your employment status
- Keep us informed of any changes that can affect your employment
- Treat our employees and partners with respect